How do you check for bleed air leaks?

pavane88

Man on a stand. Try this on for size. Anyone ever stood on a B1 stand and jumped the starter solenoid out until the engine lit off? I have and I done it in Vietnam on A/C 62-1855 with mortars hitting the ground. CW on aircraft 62-1855 Vietnam 1966-67 and yes I have orders assigning me to this aircraft at CCK Taiwan. I was also in the Congo 1964. I am quite sure that A/C 62-1855 was the last aircraft flying in the 314th Little Rock Ark and was the flagship. They had some kind of special send off from Little Rock when they flew it to the bone yard in AZ. Article I read said the former crew chiefs were in attendance. Not so. No one ever contacted me and I was the one who was CW during it's days in Vietnam. I slept on her at night, top bunk, escape hatch open for air in Vietnam. Sappers took out two C-130's at Danang AB Vietnam right before we arrived. This was always in the back of my mind when I would try and get some shut eye at night after a late flight to some fire base. Trust me this will come back to haunt you in your old age. If I get 4-5 hours of sleep at night I am extremely lucky. I write this at 3:45 am.