Names of some old friends.

Mt.crewchief

I was sitting around tonight and reading the forum, and names of some old friends, not just acquaintances, popped into my mind, and before I forget them, I am going to post them and see if can find out if they are still around and if any of you older gentlemen remember them. Here goes: John Chase--Naha & CCK. Ron Tennyson --Shepherd (went to Clark). Don Fargnoli--Shepherd & Naha. Chris Carter--Naha & Blind Bat.  Bruce Lawler--Naha.  John Eggers--Naha & Dover . Rudy(Bear) Rossen--CCK & Dover.  Larry Hinch--Naha & Dover.  Steve Stephens--CCK.  Doug Fitting--CCK. John Rosenfield--CCK. Dennis Guinane--CCK. Steve Mudge--CCK.  Pete McPheters-- CCK.   Luther--CRB (movie operator at Cam Rahn Bay. Remember him?  Remember him getting the movie reels mixed up? Remember throwing beer cans at the screen? Anyway that's not all of the names, it's just the ones that appeared tonight. 

More to come,

Ken

Ken, do you remember the names of the 2 electricians from CCK who were TDY to Naha in the Sept. 1968 timeframe? I made the mistake of walking thru the clipper room of the airman club as they were celebrating the birth of a child doing shots of VO with Heineken chasers!  I was off alcohol for a few months after that one! Still "GREAT" memories, can't place the names anymore.

Ken I remember Doug Fitting well he was one of my best pals at CCK and CRB, he was from Idaho, I've often wondered about him. Some other names I remember from these places are Larry Rowe from Ala., Butch Tucker from Ok., Jerry Lawler, Dave Beasley from Ks., Bobby Prater from Co., Seki I think thats how it"s spelled he was an indian from I think from Az., one tuff black dude named Callaway can't think of his first name. Well thats it for now, maybe more later depending on brain waves, which just reminded me what was the base just outside of Bangcock where we pulled alot of time?

I sure remember Luther from CRB. When he screwed up the movie everybody would holler "ATTA BOY LUTHER" till he got it fixed. Loved sitting on the out door bleachers like at a ball game. Also remember the M-113 APC's would pull up and park like they were at a drive in movie. Crazy days fer sure...sorta miss them. Bill