Mt. Crew Chief

Dearstone

Lynn, aka Dearstone,  hey thanks for worrying about me. I guess I read your reply and got to thinking and that was too much for me.  I didn't know Doug real well, but liked him and wouldn't mind hearing from him. If I remember right, he was from Kooskia Idaho?  Also, wasn't his Dad or brother or both Bush Pilots in Alaska?  See if my memory is close.  

Also I have gotten in touch with Pete McPheters from Maine. I guess I should go back to my original post to find out what I asked about!!  

Now, a new name. How about Chris Carter from Georgia. He and I both Volunteered to join a Blind Bat crew when we were stationed at Naha. After I moved ? to CCK  I ran into him again at CRB. He was getting short at Naha. Chris and I became pretty good friends while at Ubon. He was the kind of friend that you shared thoughts with about making it back to Ubon during a hard night over the Trail.  Of course after we were back safely (40 times), we would head downtown and get ---- faced!

Now, dearstone, look what you started---well at least stirred up.

If any of you guys think of names of guys during the 67-70 period at Naha,CCK , or even Clark and Tachi, there was the chance we could have been parked nose to nose at CRB.  We may have even eaten stolen steaks and drank stolen milk and potatoes together on Herky Hill.   For sure we drank the same Carling Black Label together.!!

Now, gotta go. I hope all of you old (now) crew chiefs, maint. shop guys & flight crews are all doing good and feeling well. Someday, it would be good to meet each other.

Ken

P