RIP Frank

BRlang

16 hours ago, BRlang said:

On this day in 1970 we lost a running buddy. Frank Wilson was a loadmaster in 776th. Hit a mountain departing Taipei. Frank was part of our posse. Fun guy and everybody loved Frank. 

Thanks for sharing your memory with us.  Judging by the fact that you mentioned him here forty-seven years later, I am assured that he was well loved.  Cheers to Frank Wilson, may he rest in peace and know that he made a lasting, positive impression on those that knew him.

--Casey

Frank hung out with about 5 of us. We called it the posse.  I remember the day he didn't come home. Seems like it took forever for them to find the plane. Routine flight that had a tragic ending. Jim, I remember you. Can you post a photo of your CCK days.....I know what you mean about the TDYs. My roomie was always there as he was grounded by the OSI....

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/7/2017 at 11:10 AM, BRlang said:

Frank hung out with about 5 of us. We called it the posse.  I remember the day he didn't come home. Seems like it took forever for them to find the plane. Routine flight that had a tragic ending. Jim, I remember you. Can you post a photo of your CCK days.....I know what you mean about the TDYs. My roomie was always there as he was grounded by the OSI....

nam71.jpg

21 hours ago, BRlang said:

Dang, you were a newbie. Two stripes and black boots. Looks like you were hauling my least favorite load. Max Pax....I do remember you for sure. Thanks for the pic...

I had probably been at CCK a year when that picture was taken. Arrived at CCK with only one stripe due to a misunderstanding with the Pope AFB Security Police concerning the operation of a 64 Malibu  on base.

5 minutes ago, BRlang said:

Dang, cost you a stripe? Yep, I had a 66 Mustang that a little of a reputation at Sewart...Avoided any run in with the MPs...

It cost me 2 stripes and a fine. I left the Malibu in Florida and got the blue Honda  when I got to CCK. Long ago when I was young I had a little bit of a wild streak. As I got older I mellowed out and found that high lift cams and shotgun pipes attract unwanted attention from the PoPo. I now ride very sensible personal transportation which does not get me in so much trouble. The black Harley is my current personal vehicle.

360honda-li.jpg

AmericanIron#312.jpg