Veterans' Day 2017

rc johnson

You guys are looking good. Your Crew Wings look great. At the time I didn't realize how special it was to be Air Crew and on flying status as an enlisted person. Only 1 in 50,000 enlisted airmen can wear those wings. I guess I took a lot of stuff for granted when I was 19 years old.Happy Veterans Day to all who served or who are serving. 

The American Legion Post I belong to has a ceremony at the county Veteran's Cemetery every year on Memorial Day and Veteran's Day. On those days the names, dates, which military service, and which wars if any are read off for all veterans who were residents of this county and died since the last ceremony.  DAV, Boy Scouts, and some other organizations also have a part in the services. It ends with 21 gun salute for all the veterans who have passed away and taps. The ceremony is usually attended by at least several hundred people.

I have crew wings and my son got crew wings. He was FE on E3 AWACs out of Tinker. He served in middle east.