Unit Citations. ?

Mt.crewchief

This is a question for all of you guys stationed at Naha  in 67, 68, &69 and maybe 66. Also had to be members of the 374 TAS/TAW.  While I was there, Our squadrons and our wing were awarded an Outstanding Unit citation and a Distinguished Unit Citation. Two different awards. When I got out I had one of each along with my two air medals. They were on that official blue paper like all of those things were on. Now when I go through my surviving records, I can't find them. I have the two air medals, but the other two disappeared. 

I am  asking if I am going nuts or am I right. If I am not screwed up, how do I replace them if possible. I have several documents missing also.

If any of you old farts  can help me I would take you downtown and buy you a fresh Orion. Maybe I would even throw in a steam bath & massage.  Maybe the New Cindy?

Ken

Not sure about TAW, but for FMS at Naha:

The 374th FMS received the PUC for the inclusive period of 8 Aug 1967 to 7 Aug 1968.

The 374th FMS was not directly assigned to the 374th TAW and did not share the AFOUA.

Hopefully, by now, there is a new batch of  ‘attendants’ at New Cindy.

Bob 

Hey thanks guys. Sonny, I will look that stuff up on my real real computer instead of my Kindle. 

Bob, I suppose you have a point about the staff at the New Cindy. I know you and I and Sonny haven't  changed any, but I doubt that we could say the same for the gals.

Funny how that works isn't it?

Ken

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 9:39 AM, Robert Podboy said:

Not sure about TAW, but for FMS at Naha:

The 374th FMS received the PUC for the inclusive period of 8 Aug 1967 to 7 Aug 1968.

The 374th FMS was not directly assigned to the 374th TAW and did not share the AFOUA.

Hopefully, by now, there is a new batch of  ‘attendants’ at New Cindy.

Bob 

Since when was the 374th FMS not part of the 374th TAW? I was at Naha when the 374th TCW replaced the 6315th Ops. Group and the 374th FMS was definitely created as part of the wing. Flight line mechanics were assigned to the flying squadrons but all other maintenance was with the 374th FMS. By the way, no certificate is given for unit citations. A notation is put in an airman's personnel records. 

Sam, I wish you were right about not receiving citations on paper, but again, you should be saying " I don't think that happened", because I know that I did receive hard copies of both citations. On the blue paper just like my Air Medals are printed on. 

My wife remembers seeing them and thinks she might have thrown them away when cleaning out some stuff when we had a water line break several years ago.

I hate to say this Sam, but do you show up here every few years to straighten us peons out?  

Ken

16 hours ago, SamMcGowan said:

Sam,

I should have said … I was assigned to the 374th FMS and was not directly assigned to the 374th TAW.  The 374th  FMS did not share in the AFOUA award with the 374thTAW while I was assigned to the unit.

Bob