Aero Precision provides military aviation aftermarket solutions for c-130
Sign in to follow this  
PAF_Herc

Flt Deck Refrigeration Override

Hello all herc operators / maintainers! Can someone kindly advice on the reason why the aircraft has a flight deck refrigeration shut off valve manual override handle (nav station). What purpose does it serve. Why only for the flight deck air conditioning flow regulator. Thanks in advance.

Well, someone at one time seemed to think that loss of air-conditioning in the flight deck was a grounding item. If the flight deck flow control valve doesn't open normally, it can be pulled open.  If it can't be shutoff normally, it can be shutoff manually.  However, mid 70's, someone thought that it was not necessary and they took that part of the system out.  I have never seen it intentionally used, but it has been unintentionally shut off many times. Interestingly, the temp control boxes will still drive the temperature system to cool with the master switch off if the system keeps running and there is an overheat in the ducting. I can only guess that the designers thought that someone would manually turn the system on?

Posted (edited)

If flow control shut off stuck i in close position, it can be  manually opened to comfort the crew member

Regards

munir abbasi

Edited by munirabbasi

Manual Override Control. The flow control and shutoff valve contains a manual override feature. It allows continued operation of the 30 pounds per minute schedule or shutoff schedule in case the solenoid malfunctions.

• Thanks 1

When Air Conditioning MAster SW is selected to AUTO PRESS position Solenoids are bypassed

Regards

Munir abbasi Home of hercules in pakistan 

Edited by munirabbasi