Veterans Day Thanks

BRlang

While there was only 5 of us on the crew it took thousands to get is in and keep us in the air. I want to thank all the Crew Chiefs that made sure we had a good airplane each day. They stayed as log as it took to get the airplane back in the "Green". Thanks to all the MX guys that fixed the planes we "broke". The fuelers that topped us off. The list goes on forever. For ever one of us that had wings there was 50,000 to support us. I especially want to thank the great Pilots that brought me home every night. I was 19 and thought these guys were old men..Most were in their late 20s. Happy veterans day to all of you. 

img003.jpg

img061.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Billy, and thanks for your service also!  I was a crew chief for 31 months in Viet Nam, and a crew member- Loadmaster/Flare Kicker for three months, 40 missions in Blind Bats out of Ubon. 

I know the feeling of going out to my designated plane for the night knowing I was in a plane pre - flighted by one of my peers.

My crew never experienced any aborts or breakdowns on any of the 40 missions.

By the way, my crew picture is in my gallery!

I  hope every one of you guys experience a nice day,

Ken

• Like 1