Hydraulic Fire SOV

munirabbasi

I'm sure you know but to clarify the Hyd relief valve and the Firewall shutoff valve are two different valves.

The relief valve:

If the hyd pump pressure regulator fails and pressure increases the relief valve opens to bypass fluid (pressure) starting at 3450. if the pressure continues to increase the relief vale will fully open at 3850 and bypass aprox 16 gallons per min. Once pressure decreases the relief valve will close (reset) at 3100.

The Firewall shutoff valve is actually two valves both energized closed by the pump switch and/or the fire handle. One valve (supply side) is motor driven and closes slower than the second valve which is on the pressure outlet and is a solenoid valve.   

So there is a relief valve in the suction shutoff valve on the firewall.  Is that what you are asking about or are you asking about the system relief valve?

System relief valve opens at 3450, full open (flows more than engine pumps) at 3850 and reseats at 3150.

Suction shutoff valve has a relief valve that opens to prevent a rupture in suction line.  opens around 135 psi and reseats around 105.  I would have to 100% double check those two numbers but thats what I remember.

On 11/21/2018 at 9:23 PM, hehe said:

So there is a relief valve in the suction shutoff valve on the firewall.  Is that what you are asking about or are you asking about the system relief valve?

System relief valve opens at 3450, full open (flows more than engine pumps) at 3850 and reseats at 3150.

Suction shutoff valve has a relief valve that opens to prevent a rupture in suction line.  opens around 135 psi and reseats around 105.  I would have to 100% double check those two numbers but thats what I remember.

Thanks

Munir Abbasi