Does anybody want this?

Derek

I found a Handbook O operating instructions for AC130A computer take off and landing manual while going through my late father's possessions, I have no need or desire for this and do not feel comfortable throwing away if there is somebody seeking this booklet

2 minutes ago, Derek said:

I found a Handbook O operating instructions for AC130A computer take off and landing manual while going through my late father's possessions, I have no need or desire for this and do not feel comfortable throwing away if there is somebody seeking this booklet

20200920_104016.jpg

That's what we called a "whiz wheel" for calculating take-off and landing speeds and some other important airplane performance information. Very useful and practical device. I don't remember seeing one in use after the 70's or maybe early 80s. The Air Force started requiring the flight engineer to use the charts and tables from the big thick Performance  Manual. For some reason. I Never heard the official reason. They made it through Vietnam with plenty of hairy short field or dirt field ops with the wheel, but suddenly it wasn't "good" enough I suppose. I would keep the manual together with the device. I've got an "E" model wheel, but somewhere the case and manual went missing. My $0.02