APU generator OUT light ON,while there is frequency, volatage and Load

Kaydee

Go to solution Solved by Kaydee,

I am currently facing a challenge where my APU generator OUT light comes ON, but the frequency and voltage is with allowable limit, also, there is load indication. We have changed the contactor, Voltage regulator and the even the APU regulator but the discrepancy persist. Pls I will appreciate any quick response . Thanks 

On 4/20/2021 at 10:08 PM, Kaydee said:

I am currently facing a challenge where my APU generator OUT light comes ON, but the frequency and voltage is with allowable limit, also, there is load indication. We have changed the contactor, Voltage regulator and the even the APU regulator but the discrepancy persist. Pls I will appreciate any quick response . Thanks 

Kindly check the wiring of auxiliary switching contact of the K-53E and GCP (PIR).

Munir Abbasi

out light.png

Sounds like a bad GCP: internal (PIR) or internal TR... Make sure your GCP is the same manufacture as your generator; ALSO make sure the GCP is fully seated in the rack and might want to "adjust it" with a quick hit/rap/ wack to get all the connections to make good contact.   SWAP with one of your Eng Gen CGPs to be sure.  

2 hours ago, NATOPS1 said:

Sounds like a bad GCP: internal (PIR) or internal TR... Make sure your GCP is the same manufacture as your generator; ALSO make sure the GCP is fully seated in the rack and might want to "adjust it" with a quick hit/rap/ wack to get all the connections to make good contact.   SWAP with one of your Eng Gen CGPs to be sure.  

Sir When the  load of generator was observed satisfactory in every  operation checkout of the system it is malfunction of GCP (PIR)  wiring.

Best Regards

Munir Abbasi