Early C-130 Hercules Urinal

Falcben

Anyone recognize this urinal? I have had it for a while and thinking of trying to get rid of it if I can get a deal that is worthwhile. Definitely cool to have around but I believe a collector may be more interested. Thinking of taking it down to the EAA Museum in Oshkosh and seeing if they want to display it. 

anyone know anything about these and if they are rare?

3B13597A-3944-4A62-902E-5EE4460C3D55.jpeg

BC351BBE-2ADF-473C-83B4-13620BAA80DA.jpeg

59FD1995-F10B-499E-AFCA-6D3EDB4902A2.jpeg

618E54BF-2D48-47B7-88BF-59831D123A28.jpeg

20 hours ago, larry myers said:

Doesn't resemble anything I've seen on a 130.  

Perhaps on the 54-55 year aircraft?

Guessing your wife will be overjoyed to get rid of it.  

Don't recognize that from any of the early A's.  I remember them being located on the ramp near the troop doors.

Urinal.jpg

The stainless steel can showed up with some of the H2s in the 80s. Atomic toilet in the back by the RH paratroop door and these in the front of the cargo compartment on the 245. Promptly removed. There was an old story "floating" around about the old urinals that were mouted up there with tubes to the back; 1960s. The story goes a crew member hurried back and used it forgetting that the Commandant and his wife were on a seat pallet in the back. Me thinks corrosion was the bigger factor in removal.

I've been out and about to various locations around the USAF C-130 fleet.  In many cases, the forward station cans have been removed for daily ops and/or safety wired closed.  That doesn't mean they are not used, there are tons of lazy crew members with leatherman's that will not hesitate to cut the safety wire instead of making the long walk to the back.  SMH...

image.png.9ca6f2c0d983062e8d27ee2df0a846b4.png

I would think if you wanted something for the house, this would be that special touch. Actually had a passenger try and climb up to use it.  Managed to get there in time to get him off.  He wasn't happy when I told him the rule of use and that he was opening the gateway for everyone on the plane.  Tried the same with an Army Lt. Col. once but that didn't go as well.