Mx trng aids needed for new MQTP

cc135r

We have quite a wish list: MLG strut & trunion, wheel & tire assy w/brake x 2. NLG strut w/trunion. APU, APN-59, radome hinge for starters. If you come across other items you think we could use, please let us know. We will be teaching all flightline specialities...

Thanks!

• 7 months later...

You might want to get ahold of Sheppard AFB, TX. They should be scrapping or shipping out a few -130s here in the near future. I can't promise anything, but when I was teaching there (362nd); 2 of us and an L3 Rep went to LRAFB to pick some birds to replace those we use for crew chief training (about 6-7 planes). When I left, we were going to get the "new" planes staggered in over the next couple of months. In the past, most of them were broken up on the old SAC ramp by a contractor. Some of us would get some of the remnants as training aides. You should be able to get most of the stuff, 'cept the radar and APU. All the ones we dealt with were 62, 63, and maybe a 64 model (GTC only). The radars were deactivated, but I don't know to what degree. If you're looking for real old stuff, the A model at Medical Readiness may still be there, if they haven't chopped her yet. Med Red pulled out to move to Fort Sam? and took their E with them, left the A because it was "too old" I think. If you still need parts, shoot me an email, I think I can still reach some knowledgable people there.