NVG Compatible Glass

I know that some, perhaps all of the MC-130E\'s had new windshields installed for improved compatibility with Night Vision Goggles (NVGs). The original glass for the E models had transmissivity losses in the light spectrum of the NVGs.

Does anybody know how many other platforms have been modified; and is NVG compatible glass available from Lockheed as part of the build for the J-models?

John

What I remember from all this, all of the MC-130E were modified in the late \'90s with what they call \"white windscreens\". I was told at the time that it was a production run change at some point & only replacement glass available would be the new windscreens. For example, if you cracked a center windscreen, you had to replace all three.

I don\'t know how true all of this was, I got most of this from Max DlaRotta when he was with the 919th/711th. But I\'m pretty confident at least the T1 have it.

I first read about it, I think, in the AATTC newsletter in the late \'90s - that\'s why I talked to Max about it, because he used to be there at ATTC.

No real clue if any of the other herks got it...

....You never heard of....of course you haven\'t heard; mum\'s the word. We respect your right to privacy. Everyone knows that the Shadow cross-dressers are either still in the closet, or \"in the Shadows\".:ohmy:

And as far as a Talon guy thinking about going after the Shadows\' favorite kind of female as you described--it\'s evident that you guys already have \'em all.

And even though you included human in your favorite female description, it\'s never been a requirement for Shadows on the hunt to stick with humans.

Tell me if I\'m wrong on this......

And even though you included human in your favorite female de_script_ion, it\'s never been a requirement for Shadows on the hunt to stick with humans.

Tell me if I\'m wrong on this.

Sorry guys but \"FEMALE\" has ALWAYS been required for shado crews on the hunt, however, species determination is up to the crew NCOIC:kiss:

In ABCCC, we did have a pilot (and academy guy if I remember right) get popped going through the gate at Tyndall. He was in his convertible vet, top down and in full drag going to look for a date at the club, no fooling.:woohoo:

It sure seems like the ABCCC and compass call squadrons always had some really good scandals happening. If it wasn\'t us it was our overpaid sister squadron at DM.

OnlyTheDogKnows.jpg

Dan

Yeah, it goes on.....although it doesn\'t really have anything to do with with glass. Anybody recognize this \"Shadow\" guy?

[img size=550]http://herkybirds.com/images/fbfiles/images/Breath.jpg

• 2 weeks later...