FRANKFURT

DC10FE

man i remember rhein main.

had the worst sore throat of my life when i got there.

the 37th i do believe, was the best group of guys there ever was to work with.

after any eval , theres or ours, the beer would flow and the brats were grilling.

found memories of there. to bad its all gone.

Hey Hush!

Welcome aboard.

I can think of a few 3-letter codes for the Legion, but quite a few more 4-letter ones; especially the morning after. If you Google Earth Waldorf, you can find the building there. I don\'t know if it\'s still open or not, though. The last time I was there was in 1995 when I made a detour on my way home from Kigali.

So how\'s the retired life?

Don R.

Don - (or should I say Ron Dodgers) - I did an earth Google search and found the legion - can\'t determine the date of the image, but it did not look like it was being used for it\'s intended purpose (drinking)! The story\'s that could be told at that bar! Wonder if Stacy is still kicking? I never thought I would live to see Berlin Wall come down or the AF turning Rhein Main back to the Germans! Ah, the good ole days! Hope all is well - miss being in the Herk, and remain proud of my time as a 130 loadmaster.

Best wishes my friend -

Hush

Ah yes...the pit.. I rememeber it well...had to watch out for the MP\'s but the view was great.

Spent two tdy tours at FRF while assigned to the 37th when it was still at Langley.

I,too, miss the guys, the airplane, the job, a Loadmaster.

We had such fun and games...the trouble caused by the cap pistols you could get at Lenos in Avanto, Italy. The Turkey Trot\'s we flew.

I had nearly as many stick hours as our green co-pilot.

The memories are still there and my old AC is living in Virginia and my Nav is just south of me in San Antonio.

Shore have a great need to go visit, remember the days..

Oh well....no one wants a 64 yr old Loadmaster that can barely remember how to fill out a form F...........LOL........John/tristar

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

wal - for waldrof i reckon , just a hop over the fence if the back gate was not open and skip across the tracks without getting hit for the shortcut, or you walked the 4.2 miles down the path in the woods till you broke out to the legions back steps.been there done that many times , also went to the pits that way too, many an afternoon chugging brews n sunning watching the 1/2 naked n naked german babes .....the good old days.....

I remember going to the Pig Farm for schnitzel, to Lava Rock for great steaks, and sucking down the Jaegermeisters and beer at Sachsenhausen.....Der Blum video bar....waaaay too much fun.