Pressure leak points

Plaprad

I've seen a lot of aircraft with pressurization problems as of late. We always hit all the "Primary" leak points in the JG, but still have leaks.

Anyone have any off the wall spots they've seen so we know what to look for in the future? Thanks.

If all else fails, pressurize the aircraft, have breathing apparatus for your crew inside, and pop a smoke grenade .......

Tried, apparently that's not allowed anymore. They won't even go with my ideas of putting all smokers on Mid shift for pressurizations. Though I have found strips of paper, and alcohol sprayed out of a really good mister will help locate them.

What are your numbers. If you just need a couple of seconds then you are down to ramp/door/windows/skylight. If you cannot make anything then you have a component problem. I had a USCG 1500 series that had 4 bad or part bad components. Major headache. You know...gotcha.sucker.....damn. Biggie was cargo aux vent valve. Sweep on body said open/closed as advertised. Getting my ass kicked with decay, and isolated it down to that. Loosened the clamps and observed the butterfly, would move, but, jerk. Reached in and you could move it at will with moderate hand press. The motor would drive as req'd, but the butterfly was at least part stripped on the shaft.

Good day guys!!!..........But What makes you beleive you have a structure leak!!.......Could be an ECS ( Air Cond. System)system not working efficiently!!......for any kind of reasons!....................... It takes a good leak to affect the pressurisation. Just imagine the amount of air being pumped in the aircraft fuselage by the engines!!!!.................John Boy