Slipping away

mayor

This isn\'t Herky related but, do you realize how many WWII vets are dying, everyday? Too many....for instance, the Flying Tigers (AVG), who had 300 original members, now have only 21 left. Mr. Paul Clouthier died yesterday and about two weeks ago, one of the most famous of all, died........David Lee(Tex) Hill. Whether you think of them as merely mercenaries or not, they did much for this country at a time when it was desperately needed. Rest in peace, gentlemen. You deserve it.

I guess the reason I brought this up is because I think it\'s up to us to keep their memories alive and to keep their place in history alive. God knows the younger generation won\'t learn it in school. Today\'s U.S. History classes are no more than an outline of what happened.

Once you go to the original website concerning the Doolitte Raid, you enter a very well documented history of this historical event. It reminds you of a previous time that our country faced a country of misguided fanatically driven people. As time moves forward, we forget the sacrifices of those that gave their lives in previous conflicts. The Revolution, Civil War, WW I and the list goes on. We all owe these men involved in that raid the time required to view just a small portion of the information that is presented on that website. Very well done !!!!

What I find satisfying is that Gen. Tibbets said that he never lost a nights sleep over the destruction and deaths caused by the bomb. They were at war and he did what had to be done. Take the lives of your enemy so you can save yours. Not an exact quote but the jist of the words. Too bad we don\'t have any of these kind of generals anymore. Guess we lost them all after WWII. Sure could have used some in VN, and on.

Has anyone seen the video of \"Gen Patton\" being interviewed by Imus? I think it\'s great.