Function of throttle

cheema

Easy answer... Throttle movement causes the valve housing to schedule speed (rpm) and Blade angle. Once the blade angle has moved the required amount, the valve housing tells the blades to stop moving.

Hard answer...

Throttle actuation moves the coordinator to change the fuel schedule and move the alpha shaft in the valve housing.

On the Alpha shaft is the SPEED SET cam, (below flight idle) it rotates which increases the speeder spring tension disabling the flyweight’s effect on the governor. (Flyweights are used for constant speed operation.)

Also on the ALPHA shaft is the BETA SET cam which moves the pilot valve to effect the blade angle change.

During the blade angle change the BETA feedback causes the BETA shaft to turn which re-centers the pilot valve and stops blade movement at the selected (throttle) position.

Pg 68 of a student guide I made for Navy and Marine classes. The original is from a book then modified to show and tell the important parts... feel free to use as you desire (except to sue me)...

Glad you like and it helped...thats what I'm here for.. dosent do me any good to keep what Ive learned over the last 28 years to myself...

• 11 years later...