Nashville, Dobbins, Little Rock question

herkeng

Folks, I have a question.

With the changes going on in the training arena IE- Nashville goes into the forign training business, Dobbins gets out of the training business and Little Rock expands some more, do you think the AF brass took a full look at what this will do to the training thru put of crews?

Hear me out before you get stuck on the first paragraph. How long will it take to get the simulators from Dobbins moved to the Rock? How will Nashville do their new mission without a Sim? How long will it take to get contracting to build a simulator facility at Nashville and expand the the facilities at the Rock?

What down time in the training community will the 130 community be looking at during this transition? By down time, I mean how much of the requirements in the PFT will met as the AF shuffles this stuff. As soon as Dobbins steps down, the Guard, Reserve and Active H-Model units will be hosed on the slots the need to train their newbee\'s. Little Rock is limited to a set number of slots per crew position, if the Rock absorbs the Dobbins quotas, will there not be a need for Lockheed, CAE and AMC to rehash the contracts,(that will NOT be a quick process, unless Uncle is willing to pony up lots of $$$)and expand the facilities to absorb the gained training.

Cost will be a driving factor in this deal. You can leave the simulators at Dobbins and use them for continuation training but that leave you with a shortfall of sim slots at the Rock. That shortfall is driven by the requirements by the users, AF, AFRC, ANG, Coasties, Marines and the Forign militaries. Granted the forigners will go to Nashville, but as stated earlier, Nashville will need to build a facility to house a level 3 sim. There are many different dominoes in this deal and they will all need to fall perfectly for the customers, you guys, not to get shortchanged.

Personally, I see another train wreck in the training world coming at you guys. You\'ll be waiting along time for slots and will be hitting the MAJCOMS for secondary methods, that is if you even have the flying hours to support it. I wish Tom and the guys at AMC good luck on this. They are good people up there and will put the fields interests first but, they are limited by budget, time & Air Staff like everyone else.

Herkeng (RETIRED)

Well, that answers what will happen to the sims. I just don\'t see how the Rock can absorb all of this and meet the requirements of users without more sims and cadre. You got Pope,Mcchord & MSP to help with continuation but where the heck is Nashville gonna dig up a sim? If Dobbins keeps their 3 and Pope,Mcchord and MSP keep theirs....:S

vs rewinging the H1s and got caught. The BRAC half-arsed the compromise and here we are. Now the ANG/AFRC are moving birds around post BRAC and we just go further into the hole.

The bottom line is a lack of planning. AMC plans Big MAC to the nth degree and places scant attention to Little MAC until they are bit in the arse.

The last I heard LR was going to 6 Sims not counting the \"J\". I think the McChord sim is moving and possibly the Pope sim but unsure. They have room for them in the new building. This is old info though. I haven\'t chatted with those guys in many months now. I am unsure about the other stuff you asked. It\'s possible now in this new smorgasborg of items a sim or two might now be heading for Nashville but that\'s just a guess.

• 1 month later...