Looking for location of Herk

Muff Millen

Bob or others anyone got any information on the location of C-130E 62-1788? It was at CCK then went to Pope and Little Rock in 1999. Is it still alive and well or has it been shipped off to the grave yard.

It is the acft that we took into Dalat Cam Lai the last day of the war and got mortored. The plane was wounded really bad but it got us all home safe. Just wondering what the old gal was doing these days.

Thanks for any info.

Muff Millen

After CCK it went to Martinsburg WV ANG and now is with AR ANG.

It has only 29975 Hours on it. Not a lot for a 45 year old airplane.

Our paths must have crossed, I flew the last day of the war in 1973 out of U-Tapao. We did a TSN turn that day.

Bob

PS If you click on downloads you can find a current location list.

62-1788 arrived at Charleston Wv to the WVANG in December of 1975 with a little over 11000 hours on her. Always flew a little crooked but was very reliable. If you saw it at Pope it was because we did a whole bunch of JATT in that time period.

Msgt Simmons was the crewchief on this acft from arrival till we sent her off in 1986. I logged over 800 hours in this acft. The acft went to Minneapolis for a short stint then to Little Rock ANG. This acft along with 62-1804 and 1824 were the best of the 8 we got from CCK.

Properly maintained acft last!!!

RZ HIll

I was at CCK the first part of 73 too. What day are we calling the end of the war? Might be the end of any recorded U.S. involvement in the war, but the war didn\'t really end until 1975.

I have my old flight records here some place, but don\'t know where. I think the flight records had the tail numbers on them.

Found them and the last 3 of tail number are listed. The last time I was on 788 was 12/03/72. Took off out of Utapao on 791 and had air abort from hydralic blow out. Went back and got 788. Logged 9 sorties that day. UT, BKK, TKL, Nam Phong, UDN, NKP, UBN, UT. Took off UT at 1015 landed back there at 2130.

Hey, I got pretty good records by combining the old log books and the flt record.