Engine Fumes

trev130eng

Got a problem with an engine recently back from overhaul giving fumes through the a/c at take off power. This only happens on take off or touch and goes, i cannot reproduce the fault with a full power ground run. There is no oil leaks on the engine and it is not consuming oil. I suspect a faulty spray pattern from a secondary fuel nozzle but i can't change the fuel nozzles at the moment because the customer only has 5 spare and no test facility. When i was asked why a fuel nozzle can cause this problem because it is downstream of the compressor and bleed valve i had to admit i don't why but it happens. Also the tech manual says to replace the nozzles. Can anybody give me an explanation for this or a tech manual reference why a fuel nozzle can give fumes?

Write up of the week: Can i pls check out the accelerometer on the Pilot's instrument panel because it keeps reading 1 and will not go to zero when the reset button is pressed!

Trev,

If the nozzle is coked or damaged in some way, the fuel blows back through the nozzle. It is a shroud that

allows air to mix with the fuel before injecting into the combustion can. This 'blowback' occurs in the diffuser,

and therefore easily taken into the 14th stage bleed ducts

Invert aircraft - error will go away :rofl:

Write up of the week: Can i pls check out the accelerometer on the Pilot's instrument panel because it keeps reading 1 and will not go to zero when the reset button is pressed!

Well I guess you could tell him to get to 200,000 feet or so and it should read zero.

College educated idjuts abound.