Seasons Greetings

Grover

I made the Arctic Village trip in 83 or 84 I believe it was. Awesome trip to go on. But it was a good thing that I had my tonsils taken out long before that. When I stopped off the plane into the COLD some other things took the place of where my tonsils would have been!!!! :ohmy:

But I think that that snow machine ride to the village was the best, and the coldest......

On the serious side......A very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all you Active, retired, and otherwise associated Herky guys, families, and friends; especially to those who won\'t be able to be home for the holidays.

Arctic Village is a native village near Fort Yukon, AK. The 17th use to collect Christmas presents, O and NCO wives were a big hand in this) and fly out there with a plane load of people, wrapped presents, and Santa Claus, and treat them to a Christmas party. Usually colder than a.... and getting in on the gravel strip was not a problem. You rode snow machines or on sleds pulled by the snow machines to get to the village. No idea where all my pictures are any more from my trip out there.

Hey Dan let me edumucate ya a little!

If you take a look at the photo crashmore attached above you will see the deiced herc with \"Santa\" getting ready to walk up the crew door. Every year for about 30 years the 517AS at Elmendorf has been taking Christmas to the Native Alaskans. This is a big event each year and I think that Kulis ANG has taken over since C-17\'s would just ruin the whole thing. I attached a link for some good readin\' from the firebird association website.

Have a great Christmas and a great New Year!

DaveB)

http://www.firebirds.org/menu23/mnu23_p3.htm