ever seen a grown man cry?

mongo

recently introduced herky birds to a freind of mine that used to crew 40553 with the 53rd WRS. I thought he was going to shed a tear when he saw what has become of \"his\" plane. I\'m sure a lot of us will see a very unglorified demise of our favorite herks in the years to come. The lucky ones may be displayed somewhere for years to come. Certainly are worse things than ending up in a boneyard! I hope to see \"mine\" in a boneyard someday. maybe I\'ll pay her a visit. [img size=400]http://herkybirds.com/images/fbfiles/images/before.jpg

Guest cobra935o

It looks like part of the boneyard, some parts of the area back up onto peoples property. It is strange to be driving thru a hood, and all of a sudden see a bunch of planes behind a fence. When the A-model gunships went out there they were clearly visible from the street.

Nathan

production # 4048 I got the pic from Bob daleys collection. maybe he can let us know where the photo was taken. There is at least one other plane with that nose section. And it would be cool to have but my home owner association nazis would be all over me like stink on you-know-what.

I purposly made sure that there wasnt any such crap as a \"homeowners Assosiation\" when I bought my house. Several years back, some whacko was wanting to start one up..... lets just say in the end they moved out :)

Yeah thats like paying someone to tell you that you cant do what you want with what your paying for - whatta crock.

So what the Hell, I\'ll buy it!

Dan

Man, that was always my dream...upon retirement was to get the cockpit of a C-130 and make the following modifications:

1) Get a \"T\" model FE Seat(reclining), weld on rockers

2) place a beer-miester under the Nav Table and have the tap come up through the table.

3) wire the cockpit with a good stereo, surround sound system.

4) get two people from the state mental hospital to sit in the pilots seats.

5) go to the SPCA and get the ugliest, meanest, fat dog...name him \"Load\" and let him run around hiking his leg up on the two fore mentioned people in the front two seats

I could sit out there for hours, kicked back, relaxed, sitting there listening to two people in front babbling, and bitchin about the Load, watching Load either sleeping, eating or bothering the hell out of someone...listening to good music blaring in my headset.

Man, that is pretty close to what i am doing now...just in the retirement stage I could reach over and fill my mug with beer.

Greg

HerkPFE wrote:

Man, that was always my dream...upon retirement was to get the cockpit of a C-130 and make the following modifications:

1) Get a \"T\" model FE Seat(reclining), weld on rockers

2) place a beer-miester under the Nav Table and have the tap come up through the table.

3) wire the cockpit with a good stereo, surround sound system.

4) get two people from the state mental hospital to sit in the pilots seats.

5) go to the SPCA and get the ugliest, meanest, fat dog...name him \"Load\" and let him run around hiking his leg up on the two fore mentioned people in the front two seats

I could sit out there for hours, kicked back, relaxed, sitting there listening to two people in front babbling, and bitchin about the Load, watching Load either sleeping, eating or bothering the hell out of someone...listening to good music blaring in my headset.

Man, that is pretty close to what i am doing now...just in the retirement stage I could reach over and fill my mug with beer.

Greg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That\'s the funniest thing I\'ve heard in a while!!!