Talon

unfast1

Spent a great night at ABQ once. Picked up a bird from WR and flying back to EDF. Crew chief called from the back an hour after we passed near LRF. Went in back and he had been checking out his bird and had a ladder up to the crosswing duct. Yep in was leaking bleed air. Informed the AC and I suggested we head back to LRF, E model bird, E\'s at LRF. Plus I could see some old friends. Sounded like good thinking to me. AC decided we\'d press forward and landed at ABQ. Got into some BOQ (I think they were) and spent the night. We headed out to dinner and the O\'s decided we\'d rent a car and go to a restaurant by going in a tram car. Started talking with a young lady in the tram. She was on a business trip and we had dinner together. Hit a bar afterwards, and well, as the story goes the un-planned RON turned out pretty nice as the story goes......

The take-off from there proved interesting - E model, full fuel, high altitude, loooong take-off. The only other TO I had that was longer was LRF to Kelly, top off fuel and fill the fuel bladders in the back, then headed down to Guatamala to support rescue efforts after their earthquake in \'75. Now that was a long take-off and very slow rate of climb.