Looking for..............

mayor

Willard C. Fry.........I was at Travis with him....he was a load on 141\'s in the late 60\'s/early 70\'s....I was in aerial delivery there. Then he was at Dyess in 78 or 79 in Herks. I happened to be there during our AF Reserve weekend from O\'Hare. Anybody on here worked with him or know of his whereabouts? He was a SSgt while at Travis.

Sorry it took so long to find this, couldn\'t find any other way to pass on the bad news.

Willard C. Fry

Our beloved husband, dad and grandpa passed away Friday, Feb. 24th. Will was born in Kodiak, AK on April 22, 1944 to his loving parents Willard and Helen Fry who have preceded him in death. He grew up in Bellingham and has lived his last 20 yrs. in Tacoma. Will served in the U.S. Air Force for 26 yrs. serving 2 tours of duty in Vietnam and a year’s tour in Saudi Arabia just so he could retire from McChord AFB. He was a Chief Master Sergeant specializing in mobile aerial port squadrons. While in the service, he obtained his Bachelor of Science degree in Vocational Education Studies and soon after, a Masters degree in Education Educational Technology. He was a teacher at Chief Leschi Schools for 13 yrs. and was the head football coach for many of them. Will was a part of many programs that gave technological opportunities to teachers, underprivileged students and senior citizens throughout Pierce County and helped implement curricula for classes that are being taught nationwide. He was a member of the Tacoma Elks, Nordlandslaget Nordlyset and past president of Norden Lodge No. 2 Sons of Norway. He also helped at many summer youth programs and said it was his calling to inspire our young people. “Butch†as he was known by his family, loved his BBQ, playing golf and reading. He had a strong faith in our Lord and a generous heart and would become your best friend in ten minutes. He will be missed by many. He is survived by his wife, Kathrine Lee (Johnson) Fry of Tacoma, daughter Heidee (Fry) Brozovic with granddaughters Haylee and Courtnee of Tacoma, 2 sons, Peter (Tammy) Fry with grandchildren Joshua M., Jennifer, Joshua D., Jacob, and Joey Fry of Texas, twin sister Renee (Maynard) Pederson of Bellingham, 2 brothers, Ron (Dianne) Fry of Anacortes, Guy (Connie) Fry of Bellingham, sister-in-law Heidi Johnson of Tacoma, in-laws Gunnar (Sonja) Horgen of Tacoma with their extended family, 3 aunts Elma, Vicki & Marie of Whatcom County, with many cousins, nieces and nephews. A memorial service will be held at St. Mark’s Lutheran by the Narrows, 6730 N. 17th, Tacoma on Saturday, March 4, 2006 at 2:00pm. A reception will follow at the Sons of Norway Norden 2 Lodge. In lieu of flowers, the family asks that donations be sent to Norden Lodge No. 2, 1106 S. 15th St, Tacoma, WA, 98404 and will be used to establish a Will Fry Educational Scholarship Fund.

Pub Date: 2/26/2006

Thank you very much. I guess that would explain why a letter I sent last year, came back. This is a good example why you should try and keep in touch with people as much as possible. Will was a good guy when I knew him and sounds like he lived a rich, full life, although short.

Rest in peace, Will.

BTW Suprload, how did you come by this obit?