62 models

bobdaley

6575chief wrote:

I know we had a problem on 1855 on landing when the crew would take the engines to reverse the left wing would dip down and try to take the acft to the left. We did alot of work on that problem.
Was it 1855 or 7898 that we had to have cameras installed in the nose wheel well and the blue ribbon team ripped her apart and found nothing? I forget the tail number but I remember changing about 15 sets of nose wheels and barrings out for weeks on end with it... I honestly do not remember the solution...if the crews just ended up living with it or if it was finally fixed.

• 4 months later...

As a question that was brought up about 62-1855 being a E-Flt Grey Bird. 62-1855 was not an E-Flt Aircraft in the early and mid- seventies at CCK or Clark. Our tails were 62-1859,63-7868,63-7879,64-0497,and 64-0515. Aircraft 63-7770 was used for a short time by E-FLT while one our our aircraft had a major repair accomplished.

Vince Acquaviva( E-Flt)

• 8 months later...

I was a crew chief on 1855 at CCK in 1967 flew alot of missions into Vietnam we flew out of Tuy Hoa I came to pope AFB in Feb 1968. went back to Vietnam TDY with the 778th i believe in April 68 we made low level air drops at Khe Shan, I flew most of the missions with my plane unless we pull some all nighters getting it ready to fly.

Being a wee junior at the time, I don't remember much except the fact i avoided 1855 like the plauge. I do remember that when we sent 1855 to Kadena our email accounts blew up. Apparently in the flight deck there was bit of corrosion, ok actually alot of corrosion. To summarize the corrosion had corrosion of its own. Needless to say Kadena was not very happy. Lost track of it after that. I am sure all of us in the 16th remember that.

Being a wee junior at the time, I don't remember much except the fact i avoided 1855 like the plauge. I do remember that when we sent 1855 to Kadena our email accounts blew up. Apparently in the flight deck there was bit of corrosion, ok actually alot of corrosion. To summarize the corrosion had corrosion of its own. Needless to say Kadena was not very happy. Lost track of it after that. I am sure all of us in the 16th remember that.

Well, She was SSgt James's plane...

When I was at CCK in 72-73 we had 6 squadrons 4 PCS with 16 E's each and there were 4 PCS E model squadrons there. I remember flying with Reed Mulkey then when he was in maintenance and he said they had almost 100 E's between the TDY and PCS aircraft.

Bob

6575chief wrote:

Was it 1855 or 7898 that we had to have cameras installed in the nose wheel well and the blue ribbon team ripped her apart and found nothing? I forget the tail number but I remember changing about 15 sets of nose wheels and barrings out for weeks on end with it... I honestly do not remember the solution...if the crews just ended up living with it or if it was finally fixed.

If the beer haze will fade for a minute...the plane was 7898. Only remember because it had some of the old time VCR equipment right there by the crew door. I also want to say that the fix was P.F.Magic. As soon as the camera went in the problem stopped. Maybe it was shy?

Edited by CCFH
missing the letter E

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...