New Spook herk

bobdaley

as mentioned in some previous post here,

some kind of disclaimer should be good enough to keep people happy. and if its available

go ahead and put someones name to it

Hard to say, even if you are claiming fair use permission should be sought in addition to the copyright info not being removed. Most people are not going to demand anything of you monetary wise or such but credit and source has to be named.

Maybe he should put someones name to the little star trek clip he attached

apples and oranges

It sounds like this could be a bigger problem than we thought if someone decides to cause trouble

I doubt it, your overstating the fact. The worst you encounter is some immature photog that hoots and hollers and demands u take his pic down.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeeeez, enough of this B.S. If some Alpha Hotel wants to bitch about his/her pic then delete the SOB and cancel the persons membership here. We\'ve all gotten pics through emails, etc., and if the pic doesn\'t having \"property of\" on it, no one is ever going to research it to find out who took the pic before we pass it on to someone else. This is a site dedicated to the Herc. We\'re just here to share experiences, technical know-how, and pictures we\'ve accumulated over the years. And if your ego can\'t stand having a pic on this site with out seeing your name on it, then my vote is delete the frigging pic, and you take advantage of one of the U.S.\'s biggest freedoms, the right to choose, and choose to leave this site.

This way out ----->

If some Alpha Hotel wants to bitch about his/her pic then delete the SOB and cancel the persons membership

So let me get this straight, someone raises the point a picture was used without his permission and brings to light how the concept of copyright works, in addition doesn\'t demand the pic removed but simply that credit is given and he is to be just thrown off the site because as far as you are concerned it\'s too much work to give credit to copyrighted material? I have to tell you that sounds so American. You should be ashamed of yourself that you brought up this country\'s freedom and said something like that. Just because this site is dedicated to a certain airframe doesn\'t mean your above anything. You should keep that in mind.

All,

Having many of my 3d models removed from games and spread across the net and having many of my renders used without my permission gives me insight into Nicholas\' frustration. The image is his and was posted without his permission. He has every right to ask that credit be given or that the image be removed.

I replaced the image with one displaying his copyright. The situation has been handled and we must let it go. Arguing further will only serve to discredit all involved and this site.

As for the future of the gallery, I will post a \"disclaimer\" offering to add credits to photos or remove them from the gallery upon request. It has been my experience that when it pertains to non commercial use most artists ask for nothing more than the credit they deserve for their work (free advertising for them.) If I am wrong, I will deal with it when the time comes.

--Casey

Casey wrote:

All,

Having many of my 3d models removed from games and spread across the net and having many of my renders used without my permission gives me insight into Nicholas\' frustration. The image is his and was posted without his permission. He has every right to ask that credit be given or that the image be removed.

I replaced the image with one displaying his copyright. The situation has been handled and we must let it go. Arguing further will only serve to discredit all involved and this site.

As for the future of the gallery, I will post a \"disclaimer\" offering to add credits to photos or remove them from the gallery upon request. It has been my experience that when it pertains to non commercial use most artists ask for nothing more than the credit they deserve for their work (free advertising for them.) If I am wrong, I will deal with it when the time comes.

--Casey

As a photographer myself... I think this is the best solution.

I fully understand his frustration and I believe he has been a great sport about the whole thing.

Enough is enough.

To post on topic, the paint jobs on the birds look very similar to the Southern Air paint jobs of a few years back.

Bob

I sent you a palet full of pictures when I was still at the Bureau, as stated in the email I did not track who took \'em. Those photos mostly came from combat camera and some from the net. All photos were of Guard aircraft and I would not post them with out the disclaimer you and Casey talked about earlier.

Chip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi All,

I can see his point. I don\'t want to take credit for any of the pictures on the site. I did put a disclaimer in the Gallery Section that says I did not take any of the pictures, truth be told I did take one of them, but these pictures have mostly been sent to me by others.

Matter of fact I received 3 DVD\'s with over 80,000 pictures a few months ago. I have worked on those DVD\'s trying to pick out pictures for the gallery section almost every day since I got them. There is really no way I can tell who took the pictures unless it is attached to the pictures as some pictures in the Gallery are.

Anyone who took a picture and would like to have credit for it can add a comment to the pictures.

Sorry if someone is offended but I don\'t really see another way pictures can be posted.

Thanks

Bob

Seriously if anyone wants credit for a picture please add a comment.

The photographer "owns" any photograph they take, and should be properly credited anytime it is published. The same with written material. To not credit it, is a violation of copyright laws. Unfortunately, people have been playing fast and loose with photographs and other materials on the Internet. The exception is "public domain," which includes photographs and material taken and/or published by government sources. The best rule is that if you don't know where it came from, don't post it.