April (?) 1971

gizzard

Does anyone out there remember hearing of or being involved in an operation in April 1971, in which a large number of Marines were airlifted from, I think, Cherry Point, to DC to respond to a war protest? If so, what airfield were they landed at, how many were transported, how long were they there, and how did they get back to their home station. I remember making at least three round trips on this operation ( crew day be damned), but can\'t remember any of the rest, or find any reference to the event. I ain\'t losin\' my mind am I? :unsure:

I can remember havin\' a rather nice weekend planned, that is as far as i will go with THAT, and something like a Thursday or Friday morning bein\' told that a number of crews, i don\'t recall how many, were on phone alert for a I think the word was \"project.\" Sure enough we got rang up and spent probably 18 hours runnin\' back and forth. My memory seems to wanted me to say we landed at Washing BNational but I ain\'t sure. I AM certain a grand weekend got ruined.

load clear