Vietnam Vets

SEFEGeorge

• 2 weeks later...

SEFEGeorge,can you enlighten me as to whom you received this from? I have a very good friend that is depicted in a slide just after the Legacy logo!(third slide in)He is walking with one of the released POWS to the freedom bird!

I would love to find a person,place,or thing where I could get a copy of this!

Thank you in advance for any info!

Gordon

PS Thank you for the share!

I can\'t get over how young these guys look, even with the mud and the anxiety and all that. Thanks for posting this....Ya know, for several years now i have noticed that if someone asks if I was in the Nam, and I say \"yeah\" ( most often,as with most of us, somebody has to ASK us}, and they say what branch and i say Air Force, many time you get a sort of\" Oh okay\" type response, until I say I was a loady on C-130\'s, and then it is often a whole new situation. Guys, I am comin\' to believe that the ground guys knew we would be there, somehow some way, and many of our brothers paid the price. There was a documentary on TV a ways back, and there was a marine major i think it was, praisin\' the trash haulers for keepin\' them goin\' at Khe Sahn. Ol Herk and her crews did the job and then some, but I also know that without our crew chiefs, engine guys and all the rest we would never have turned a prop. Sometimes these tributes only show the ground troops and the chopper boys, but damn it we were there too, and regardless of the ultimate outcome, we did it GOOD!!!!! :)

Quite the truth, George. I knew several loadies who came to herks from Ranch hand, and I really wonder how many of them now are the victims of Agent Orange:( And for that matter, has anyone did any research on people who may have been exposed long after they stopped the sprayin\"? I\'d be willing to say some of the vehicles, artillery and so on that i hauled, in \'72, probably at one time or other was exposed to it. :huh: