BRAC

bobdaley

Hi

Got a little BRAC info this AM.

328 AS Niagra Falls is going to 12 C130 H\'s. It will be an AFRC unit with an ANG Associate unit. (Boy is that pork politics!!)

The H\'s will come from 105 AS TN ANG and from Minneapolis(my guess 96AS)

The 8 H\'s 92 models are leaving. (To where?)

FayetteNam Observer said this AM that half the E models at Pope are gone and the rest are to be gone by summer. There will be 16 H\'s at Pope owned by 95 AS AFRC flown by 95AS and an active duty associate unit 2 AS. The 16 herks are 8 from Milwaukee 95 AS birds nand 8 from Pittsburgh 758 AS. 758 has already received 8 older H\'s from 185 AS OK ANG.

Three Questions? Since 53AS is now closed, what happened to their airplanes, did they just move to 62 AS?

When 53 AS reopens, are they getting E\'s back?

When is 463 AG suppsed to become a wing?

Bob

I think I can answer the first part of the post. The H2\'s that go to Niagra from the 105th will be aligned with the H2\'s that come from the 96th. The H3\'s that Niagra has now will go to the 96th. That give the both the Reserve and the Guard in Minneapolis all H3\'s.

Bob,

The 53 AS has not been reactivated yet. From my understanding, the 53rd is going to be reactivated as another deployable E-model squadron within the AMC. Most of the 53rd\'s E-models did go to the 62nd, but I know of at least one 53rd aircraft that went to the 61st. That puts the 62nd as the only E-model training squadron on base, with the 43rd being the J-model squadron belonging to AETC. I believe it was the 41st that was activated last year as the first deployable active duty J-Model squadron. I have no idea where the 53rd is going to get it\'s aircraft from when it activates, but if I had to guess, many would come from Pope. I would also have to guess the 463rd will become a wing at the beginning of the fiscal year in October, making LRAFB an AMC base.

Edit- Oops, I meant the 48th is the AETC J-Squadron