Looking for pictures of Snow Aviations N307SA

stevoe

Hi all,

I\'m looking for pictures of N307SA, the Herk (c/n 3688) modified by Snow Aviation with the NP 2000. I have seen the pictures Bob has in his gallery and the few on the website of Snow Aviation. But I think there will be much more, has anybody other pictures?

Regards

Stephan

Bill Miller wrote:

So what is the performance increase with the new prop and wing tip tanks and did you have -15 installed or -7 engines. I know Lynden is looking at installing the solid state valve housing assembly, but have not heard much about the prop yet.

They had -7 installed and the performance was greatly enhanced. i think the figures are still proprietary in nature...or someone else can give them up.

Propnut,

Thank you for your message!

I\'m very interested in all I can get about this conversion. I wan\'t to make some drawings about the modifications done by Snow and later I plan to build a kit of the Herk with the new props. So I would be pleased about each assistance you can give me.

Regards from Germany

Stephan

We did the testing with -7 engines, best to check in with Snow for performance data, but how does ~1150 ft off the take-oof roll at 155K and 20% improvement in climb, sound! And Lynden is doing the electronic prop control system, which by the way is flying on ANG aircraft and they think the improved speed control and synchrophasing is impressive, no rpm flucuation write-ups in over 400hrs!

• 3 weeks later...

We\'ll be doing the VMCA/VMCG testing late this Spring & early Summer at Edwards. Snow\'s testing didn\'t really provide any accurate data for the USAF. For one, their airframe has been altered(dorsal & rudder). The H3 is scheduled to do it\'s first engine run on Tuesday here. You\'ll bet that I\'ll be out there to watch!

AMPTestFE wrote:

We\'ll be doing the VMCA/VMCG testing late this Spring & early Summer at Edwards. Snow\'s testing didn\'t really provide any accurate data for the USAF. For one, their airframe has been altered(dorsal & rudder). The H3 is scheduled to do it\'s first engine run on Tuesday here. You\'ll bet that I\'ll be out there to watch!
Pictures will be greatly appreciated :)