Looking for friends from E-Flight 1971-1974 CCK

EFLTatCCK

[quote name=' Wesley (Spoon) Witherspoon and I flew with E-Flight from the initial crews at CCK until I left Clark in November 75.

Jon Andrews

Dover, DE

Retired Air Force

Loadmaster C141A, C130E, C5A/B[/quote']

Was this the same "Spoon" Witherspoon who was at Naha in '68? As I recall he was a short , on the heavy side African American. Hell of nice guy.

Was this the same "Spoon" Witherspoon who was at Naha in '68? As I recall he was a short , on the heavy side African American. Hell of nice guy.

I don't think it was, but it is possible. He was already at CCK when I got there in 1970. He stayed overseas for many years and went to Hurlburt SOS I believe in 77 or 78. I know he was at Hurlburt until he retired. He was black, but not heavy set. Super nice guy and a helluva common sense loadmaster. We used to fly some of the tougher EFlight missions where no one was sure it would fit on the airplane. We made it work every time.

I don't think it was, but it is possible. He was already at CCK when I got there in 1970. He stayed overseas for many years and went to Hurlburt SOS I believe in 77 or 78. I know he was at Hurlburt until he retired. He was black, but not heavy set. Super nice guy and a helluva common sense loadmaster. We used to fly some of the tougher EFlight missions where no one was sure it would fit on the airplane. We made it work every time.

I guess all Witherspoons were nicknamed "Spoon". Spoon was assigned to my crew on 56-0533 (Blind Bat) when he first arrived at Naha in '68. I would like to think he went on to bigger and better things. He was just one of those guys you enjoyed working with.

Thanks for the response. By the way , where abouts do you live in Dover? I have a retirement home waiting for me in Georgetown (as soon as the Boss decides she wants to retire) that I can't wait to get to. Hopefully it will be within the next year. I spend a lot of time commuting between Hyattsville, MD and Georgetown.

Sonny

Crew Chief 56-0533

21st TAS ('67-'68)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Jon been a long time I think I was on a crew with you, Gary Pulliam(p), Jay Clemm(n), and a old Eng we called pops or grand pop. Any of this ring a bell? I was from New Jersey. Col Stewart was one of my buddies. Jack Gates was my best friend. I flew also with Ben Wright. My email is [email protected]

I spoke to Col Brown a few years ago and 3 weeks ago to Gary Pulliam. Spoke and saw Moody a few years ago as well. Talk to Jack Gates couple of times a year. Regards, Roy Nicolosi