anyone living at Pope

LittleJoe

I lived up in the north end of town (up 401) when I was there, 92-98. Lots of folks lived in Hope Mills, but I just thought it was too far to drive.

Now they have a freeway extension to 401 that wasn't there back then. It used to suck driving all the way back into town to get to the 95.

There's probably a lot of real estate for sale and rent up by King's Grant. Not very much Army noise up there either.

Couldn't tell you anything about tempo, don't know what you do either, since nothing is on your profile.

Hey Tiny,

Thanks for the information. As for me, I'm a 7 level crew chief that has SEI's for Any C-130, C-5/C-17. I've been station at Ramstein's En-Route for the last 4 years and was hoping and praying for a C-130 unit. I worked at DM from 03-06 on Compass Call. From what i've heard today from different people at work, Pope's C-130's are all Res with very few active slots. So if that is the case, I going to be bummed. My orders say 43rd operations group and i don't have a POC or a clue where i'm going. I leave Ramstein Nov 21ish and my RNLTD is Jan 5. I've been told about 2 school's out there which are really good but not really housing locations except to stay out of Fayetteville.

Anything else that anyone can enlighten me on, that would be great.

Thanks

Joe

I think my wife and i are going to look in the Southern Pines/Pinehurst area. We heard some pretty good things about that area. Does anyone know if it gets crazy out there when the PGA comes through?

I talked to my sponsor today, i guess the 440th (res) are short handed and what active duty they have there get worked alot. I'm alright with that but i will wait and see how it is. The en-route there works mostly on C-17's and C-130's so no matter what, i will get my fill of Herc's again :) God i miss them!

Joe

I went to the PGA championship there in 93 or 94, not sure which year, and it wasn't bad. That was at Pinehurst too. You won't see much of a problem in Southern Pines, if at all. Not sure you could afford the Pinehurst area. Location, location, location, and that is it. Of course, you could rent your house out at tournament time and make some good money.

I have been at Pope for about 2 years. I live in Lillington/Buies Creek. About 28 miles one way to the base. Lot more people moving out here because of all the new Army "BRAC" moving this way from GA. It's peaceful and worth the drive. No city taxes either. I assume you're going to the 2nd. If you will enjoy the SQ CC. He takes care of his folks and care about the non-fliers as much as the fliers. Since the reserve guys go home no later than 2300 every night that's the latest you would normally ever have to work.

Pretty slow tempo right now and it's not all that bad here as long as you don't live around Bragg.

I'd be bummed about leaving Ramstein...then put Pope on top of that! The only good news is that the planes are nice and will AMP'd fairly quickly.

Got any info on that AMP deal. Keep hearing it's going to be along time for that to happen from higher up's. Hoping it comes sooner rather than later.