Little Rock

bobdaley

Hi

I got an e mail today that said \"I think 62-1793, 63-7764 and 63-7829 are Ground trainers at Little Rock\". I showed 62-1793 flying with the 61AS and 63-7829 flying with the 53 AS going to 62 AS?

I know 63-7764 was dropped from the inventory years ago but I did not know it was a ground trainer?

Can anyone verify that these three are now ground trainers?

Any idea why 62-1816 and 72-1296 which are permanently grounded did not go to AMARC? Politicians?

Thanks

Bob

7829 is not a ground trainer. It is still flying with the 62nd. 7764 is indeed a ground trainer. 1816 and 1296 didn\'t go to AMARC because of the lack of funding. Apparently it costs more money to put an aircraft into mothballs than it does to run it up every 30 days. At least we have two cann birds to choose from!

I couldn\'t tell you about 1793.

Bob-

The 2 grounded birds didn\'t go to AMARG because we could only retire 51 per the NDAA last year...they\'re top of the list to go this year (we can retire 24 E\'s 30 days after the Fleet Mix Study is sent to Congress). It had nothing to do with funding as far as I know; we just maxed out our numbers.

• 3 weeks later...

On the subject of withdrawn C-130s at Little Rock, does anyone know what happened to these, most of which were in instructional use I believe:

56-0539 Lockheed C-130A Nov03

62-1830 Lockheed C-130E dumped Jul98

63-7820 Lockheed C-130E fuselage Jul98

64-0524 Lockheed C-130E fuselage Jul98

68-10949 Lockheed C-130E fuselage Jul98

The dates are the \"last seen\" dates I have for them. The fuselages were in buildings I believe.

Thanks,

Andy Marden

Bob,

Thanks, very useful. Can anyone at Little Rock give me a \"last noted\" date for the three loadmaster trainers please?

I suspect you are correct that 539 and 830 were scrapped. There is one visible on Google Earth just in the trees east of the main ramp. I went looking for it a couple of weeks ago and it certainly wasn\'t there.

Regards,

Andy