Four Horsemen

herk336

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks!

As a C-130 pilot for the Royal Netherlands Air Force I have started researching the great heritage of this amazing airplane. I have managed to collect most books ever written on the C-130 and I\'m looking into the lesser known corners of the C-130 past (e.g. the Credible Sport project). One of the things that caught my interest is the existence of the \"Four Horsemen\" demonstration team. While doing the obligatory \"google\" research I found out that video/footage of the Four Horsemen exists.

Can anyone of you confirm the existence of this footage and is there any way to get a copy of it? Or can someone at least point me in the correct direction?

Thanks!

Mark Brouwer

I have a copy of the Four Horseman, I received mine from a friend that worked at Lockheed Martin, that had it in their Library. Where are you located, maybe I can make a copy and send it to you.

V/R

Raymond

• 1 month later...

The Four Horsemen video is alive and well and belongs to Lockheed. I\'d suggest contacting them. I had a CD that had it and some other old C-130 films on it but I sent it to Bob Ruffin.

Two of the original Horsemen ACs are still alive - Bill Hatfield and Jim Akin. My good friend Col. Billie Mills also flew with them and was a copilot when they made the video. Bill is in Lower Alabama these days. I saw him back in February when he came to Clear Lake for the TCTAA board meeting. I\'ve got a page about them off of my C-130 page - http://hometown.aol.com/samc130/index.html.

That page is now at www.sammcgowan.com/horsemen.html

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

The Four Horsemen video is alive and well and belongs to Lockheed. I\'d suggest contacting them. I had a CD that had it and some other old C-130 films on it but I sent it to Bob Ruffin.

Two of the original Horsemen ACs are still alive - Bill Hatfield and Jim Akin. My good friend Col. Billie Mills also flew with them and was a copilot when they made the video. Bill is in Lower Alabama these days. I saw him back in February when he came to Clear Lake for the TCTAA board meeting. I\'ve got a page about them off of my C-130 page - http://hometown.aol.com/samc130/index.html.

When AOL shut down their web hosting, I purchased my own domain and moved most of my stuff to it. The Horsemen page is www.sammcgowan.com/horsemen.html. The information came from Bill Hatfield when I wrote an article about the Horsemen for Aviation History magazine. By the way, the Horsemen video is on You Tube.