Aircraft misbehaving .....

pjvr99

Hydro101, as someone who has been in aviation a long time, I have learned to treat everyone with respect, and to treat their suggestions with the same respect I would like my suggestions to receive. On this board, we are all professionals, and as such, need to treat each with due respect. Talon1 has on previous occasions proven his knowledge and ability.

WRT the items you picked out, these were things that were specifically looked at as remote, but plausable, possibilities. Some items were reset or replaced, all of which added to the sum of the overall repair. No idea, thought or gut-feel should ever be ignored when faced with a challenge of this nature.

Have a great day

PJ

PJVR99, well said. I completely agree with you and I apologize for flying off the handle a bit there.

Not at all Mongo, you just got there first. I am a member on several other aviation forums, where this kind of cr@p is standard practice. However, it does nothing for the forum, except to drive people away. I would not like to lose these repositories of knowledge, simply because of some arrogance and ignorance.

Guys 'n girls, let's keep it nice. At the end of the day nobody knows everything, and a helping hand is better than a facefull of snot. If you disagree with someone, give your reasons; open a proper discussion, start another thread, if needed.

Keep it safe, and keep 'em flyin''

PJ

• 7 months later...

We had a plane (1186) come from Depot that was flying crooked for months. I never really heard of all the details of what we did to try and fix it other than "the engineers" came here and flew it around and agreed that the plane was indeed flying crooked. After weeks of failed attempts at fixing the issue and weeks of sitting grounded the powers decided to send it back to depot. Its been there since (atleast 6 months now)

Is there anyone out there from depot that has heard about this plane and know anything about any findings? Just curious... Thanks - Fry

We had an E model that had a problem that involved too much trim to stay on course. It turned out to be a partially busted truss mount. Part of it was broken where the truss mount went through the front spar IIRC. It was found during an ISO and was found by accident. It wasn't on the work card to check that particular item. The guy just happened to look up and see in while in the dry bay to check something else.

years ago there was an airplane at the depot that had a similar problem but it wasn't noticeable immediately after takeoff. sometimes it would yaw/roll after just a few minutes and other times it would take upwards of a half an hour. turns out the pipe that is installed to allow easy transfer of fuel from the outboard section of the outboard tank to the inboard section of the outboard tank (I think it was #4) was installed backward. Fuel was transferring to the outboard section of #4 but could not easily return to the inboard section. The fuel quantity was always balanced and we never let the fuel get low enough to starve the engine. I think it took 6 or 7 months to find it. Millions were spent on laser sighting the prop balance and replacing everything known to man before they pulled the tank covers and located the problem. If anything, this goes to show that even the remotest of possibilities needs to be looked at.