63-7777

The Postman

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

63-7777 or \"Bunch of Sevens\" was at CCK AB Taiwan for the 314TAW and after 374 TAW while I was there 1971 to 1974.It probably stayed at CCK till we moved to Clark. I think it went to Kadena with the 345th when the 374th went to Clark.

Vince A

Hate to see another one put away for good.

I remember while I was at Yokota 1986-1990 (316/374 FMS)and the guard or reserve was swapping out their C-130s (Hs?) for our Es. I was with a handful of their techicians on a hardstand and you should have heard them whine when Bunch O\'sevens called an IFE for one of the engines. I do admit that their birds were nicer because they were newer.

Bob

That was Martinsburg Wv Guard,in the panhandle of the state , They were replacing their \"B\" Models with E\'s at that time period.

Quad 7\'s was one of the good ones , but you should hear the Horror stories about some of the others.

RZ Hill

Oh, yeah. That was the little bit that I forgot about. And I thought to myself... why they would give up a newer a/c for an older one?- which they weren\'t. Seems as though the H\'s were coming from either Alaska or Dyess. I\'ve lost WAY too many brain cells to remember more than this. My how the time goes by.

Bob

• 9 months later...

I remeber "bunch of sevens" in 72 an 73. I can remeber the c/c an a/c/c never had to work hard most of the time to maintain that acft. It was always i/c an ready to fly. {i guess the luck ran out} CHECK THE GALLEY 3843 SEVEN PICS davis!

Edited by davis

Who knows ? Maybe there is a new concept in the logistics world that says, "The best airplanes make the best spare parts"....what do you think?

If my memory serves correctly, ol bunch of 7\'s went to Kadena,

then on to Yokota. This happened in in Oct of 73. The only 63

model that went south to Clark belonged to E Flt. Bunch of 7s

could be hard to get off the ground, but flew pretty good.

When I was an FE at Yokota had a lot of trouble getting a local off , but take her out of country and get all ok flights. Almost as if it knew!!!!

Mike

• 11 months later...

I don't have a picture of 7777 but I was in the engine shop and worked on her. 7777 arrived at CCK in early 1966 with the 776th from pope AFB. 345th came with all 62 models 776th with all 63 models and I came with the 50th with all 64 models. 50th was with the 314th at Sewart AFB. We all became the new 314th at CCK. Worked out of and lived in tents for a good part of 1966. We had all new 64 models so all the aircraft were split up so all had some of each year.

Edited by ronsram

• 9 months later...

Gosh, Wasn't bunch a sevens nicknamed "Arnold Ziffel" from the green acres show ~69. If it wasn't bunch a sevens, which CCK bird was it? I seem to remember that the Crew Chief had "Arnold Ziffel" written on the edge of the ramp...I never saw Arnold Ziffel of the TV show as I was at CCK all during that time...

Gosh, Wasn't bunch a sevens nicknamed "Arnold Ziffel" from the green acres show ~69. If it wasn't bunch a sevens, which CCK bird was it? I seem to remember that the Crew Chief had "Arnold Ziffel" written on the edge of the ramp...I never saw Arnold Ziffel of the TV show as I was at CCK all during that time...

I don't remember which bird was Arnold Ziffle, but it wasn't 63-7777. My roomie, Harry Jorgensen was 7777's crew chief from 69-70. I do remember Arnold Ziffle was painted over the crew entrance door of one of the birds. I just can't remember Arnold's tail number

Ray