Memorial day salute

It is said that Honor is when some brave men and women at sometime in there life wrote a blank check to the United States of America for up to and including their own life. I am Honored to have known and served with those who wrote that check and with those who\'s check was cashed and paid the ultimate sacrifice. I remember them with great sadness and pride. They were Heroes in life and in death.

It is not only them and those who have served that I remember this Memorial Day. I am reminded of all those serving who are current on that blank check -- for without them there would be no United States of America!

Freedom isn\'t Free!

It\'s paid for in blood, sweat and tears.

Attended a memorial ceremony this AM at Smyrna Georgia city Veterans memorial....very impressive I was especially proud of the outstanding service men and women that were there and are taking our place to defend and protect our freedoms.

Had a big tear run down my cheek as a C-130H from the 94th Wing made a low pass at exactly 10AM the start of the Memorial service. Hit that TOT perfect...makes an old man really proud.

Thanks to all who serve and have served.

Muff

You know, we also need to appreciate the efforts that go into providing the fly-bys. All the planning, coordination, ground support, flight crews, etc., who all might have otherwise been having a full holiday for themselves.

Hats off to those who help make Memorial Day, July 4th, special services(and more) a more meaningful day for the rest of us....

John