HERK Test Platform for A400M

pjvr99

Just found these pics of the Marshalls Herk doing ground runs

[img size=150]http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/flight-international/A400M%20engine%20run.jpg

[img size=150]http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/flight-international/A400M%20engine%20run%20zoom.JPG

Have a look at the special chocking system, especially developed for what used to be Snoopie.

Have also heard that they are addressing gearbox problems on the French built engine.

This airplane, the A400M is going to be so late into service. its impact may be not Airbus is hoping for.

I think many who have ordered, are now wishing they had bought the C17, I know the RAAF is glad they went the Boeing way.

Regards

Col

According to Airbus the prop is approximately 17.39 ft in diameter. It is a Ratier-Figeac FH386 propeller.

The engine, again according to Airbus, is a TP400-D6 built by EuroProp International (EPI), a European joint venture company consisting of Rolls-Royce, Snecma Moteurs, MTU Aero Engines and Industria deTurbopropulsores (ITP).

Interesting idea but as Herkman said it is so far behind schedule, like a lot of Airbus designs, that customers are becoming concerned.

Bob Woods wrote:

17.5 feet that\'s a big prop, suppose thats why the braces between the engine and the fuselage?

At 11000shp I think the braces are to protect the wingbox, as well as maintaining fuselage clearance (10inches/25cm)

The sad thing about this conversion, is that according to Marshalls the airplane cannot be converted back.

Shame as I believe the aircraft has less than 16,000 hours on it.

This is the aircraft that was converted back from being Snoopie, and was stated to be sold over seas.

Also my info source was wrong, it is 10\" between the prop tip and fusalage.

Regards

Col

herkman wrote:

The sad thing about this conversion, is that according to Marshalls the airplane cannot be converted back.

Shame as I believe the aircraft has less than 16,000 hours on it.

This is the aircraft that was converted back from being Snoopie, and was stated to be sold over seas.

Also my info source was wrong, it is 10\" between the prop tip and fusalage.

Regards

Col

Why can it not be converted back?