Brits fly by

herkaviguy

We just finished a project today and as we loaded the truck during the hour of 1300 the sound of the four fans of freedom started getting louder and we all looked up into the Tehachapi sky and saw a Euro green stretch Herk with RAF markings. Could not get exact tail numbers due to the fact they were right over head. The refueling probe sticking out the front and the red and blue markings on the tail confirmed a RAF Herk.

Always a pleasure to hear a herk in the air in our area.

Tehachapi, California in case you all were wondering, is the center of the aviation universe, and the home of Adaptive Aerospace. we are nestled nicely in the mountains between Bakersfield and Edwards AFB.

You keep the herks flying and we will keep modifying them with the latest goodies.

cheers

Herkaviguy

Speaking of the sound of the four fans of freedom I\'am lucky enought to hear them just about everyday as I live about 10 miles north of the north, south runway at Robins.the high speed flyovers are the best it makes my heart pound.

yeah I work in TEHACHAPI close to the glider field, so you know that is a noisy operating area. and I live in California City and get the sonic booms from what every is zooming by out of Edwards AFB, once in a great while we get a herk and that is sweet music to the ears. I miss those days on the flight line at Cherry Point.

herkaviguy

• 1 month later...

It was agreat day in my backyard Yesterday a C-130 was doing fly-byes it was grey it did 8-10 passes she a extra pod on the wing tips between 1&tip 4&tip never seen that before she was probably doing FCF from Robins. It was great even though it was 100 degrees