HOT-- C130 Upgrades - Cost is no real concern

Dominion

First off, GREAT SITE!!!

Now for business...

Are there any modifications or upgrades to the C-130E/H platform for the engines? Any engine that can be installed on the C-130 that goes beyond the capabilities the -15 engines currently provide?

If there is no follow on engine is there an upgrade kit to the -15 that allow it to perform better, cheaper or higher reliability?

The same question can be asked of the current propeller assembly and/or valve housing. I have heard that there is a \"Electronic\" Valve Housing that could replace the analog version currently in service.

I am looking for similar updates/upgrades to the following systems:

Air Conditioning

Nose Landing Gear

Dual Rails/Rollers

Flight Control System (flaps, ailerons etc)

Hydraulic System

Winches (a replacement to the bulldog?)

HUD

I am looking for a comprehensive (preferably automated) ECM package that addresses threats in a \"permissive\" environment ie Manpads and radar guided AAA. Is there a system that you know of that provides a better bang for the buck than the current package installed on USAF airframes.

Thanks in advance :ohmy:

Dominion wrote:

The same question can be asked of the current propeller assembly and/or valve housing. I have heard that there is a \"Electronic\" Valve Housing that could replace the analog version currently in service.

This is currently in the testing phase with the NY ANG.

I would highly recommend the new EPCS (electronic propeller control system), if not the whole NP2000 prop package. The EPCS by itself makes for an extremely stable prop in about any condition. Initially, the NP2000 really quiets the plane down & reduces vibration. There is some power increase, but we haven\'t gotten to the stage of documenting specifics. We\'re almost finished performing the power-of & on stalls. No big surprises there. A maintenance benefit is the ability to change out blades without changing the whole prop.

If you want some navigation accuracy & communications enhancments, Boeing is working on an AMP lite that won\'t cost as much.

My two cents.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...