A400M vs C-130

wysongj

Not a dead horse, by any means. I\'d rather say Lockheed, Boeing and other major US players have been napping. This thing is a brute with 11000SHP per engine, and all the nice bells and whistles. The only really stupid thing I can see on it is 2 engines turn clockwise, and 2 anti-clockwise. I understand the thought behing induced drift, but from a logistical point of view you now have to keep twice the number of props and engines spare. What do you do when you have a series of failures on (e.g.) your CCW engines? Instead of 1 engine and prop for a deployment, you now need 2 ..... crazy frogs

Give me my trusty C130B/E/H any day

There is a lot wrong with the A400m

I would pick the An-70 over the airbus any day...but no one will buy from the Ukraine right now.

The An-70 can beat the A400m in about every category (on paper...because the A400m is way late for first and test flights)

It will be interesting to see...

It is clear that customers want something larger then the trusty old Herk...but really have little options for anything else. Now something is larger. It will be interesting to see if any US makers plan on attacking this head on...or keep offering the little turd J model.

• 2 weeks later...