What is this?

SonnyJ

Ahh yes, the hell hole. Gone to supply for many a new uniform after going in and out of there. My knees and back are what they are today because of the hell hole.

How's about the "headache"......the nav's table drawer. Everyone seemed to get one after working the radar junction box, replacing a temp bulb, or fixing pitot/static leaks. Anybody got any Tylenol? :)

I'm with you Tiny. Over 1970-71, Taiwan, "soldered" in two APN-22 Radio Low Altitude Altimeter Receiver mounts and one ASN-35 Nav Computer mount. Spliced in two other ASN35 mounts. One with crimp splices temp fix. The other solder splices. Pilates and Yoga have nothing over the contortions those jobs put a body through. Still feel the burns my fingers took too. Solderless contacts one of world's greatest inventions.

• 2 weeks later...

That makes sense. That crank was actually a mechanical speedometer type cable that ran from the flight deck to the radios in the rack behind the wheel well, back in the old days.

I never saw it, but I hope it was in short sections...

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old post (found it on google when I was looking for a part # for a breadpan). I am active duty right now. Working ISO sheetmetal... anyway, we call the beaded skin that attaches under the wing at the trailing edge where the ribs connect the breadpan if that helps anyone.

• 3 weeks later...

Flight crew attitude adjustment tool - Seat rod

I've heard the brace in the center dry bay called a "nutbuster" once. But I think that was an isolated incident.

As for the "Arkansas Panel", I heard it in tech school, but can't remember what it is.