Enlisted Rank Structure

RZHill

Blackmac_Project wrote:

Shouldn\'t be too many to cut up top as they are getting towards retirement. Congress and the fighter generals have been purging the middle tier for years. Just finishing off the purge of experienced maintainers to save money for new airplanes.

Engine Mike :S

If I didn\'t have any old Masters and Seniors to follow around I never would have learned half of what I did about the airframe. I\'m still pissed about how they didn\'t let all those experienced maintainers reenlist when they were trying to cut numbers a few years ago. Someone forgot that the guys who make the most money are the ones who also teach the new kids how to be worth a damn on the flightline.

It\'s going from 28 Chief\'s Guard wide to 7. Not much incentive for young kids coming up.

They haven\'t cut the Officers, kinda funny when a Nav section of 16 has 9 Lc\'s. Now that\'s where the money is.

When are the bead counters gonna realize that experience is in the guard and reserve and you cannot legislate this.

RZ Hill

Dan,

Believe it\'s just the Guard. Not sure about the Reserves. Active has been dealing with this for several years, just finished up a Chief grade review a couple months ago. They did away with the previous numerical justifications, and we had to justify each and every position. We had a few positions downgraded, but mostly on the Big MAC side.