JUST SAW A PIC OF LOOKED LIKE 73-1598 ........

venom 66

I transferred 1597 in 1997 to Dyess...they came and picked up 1582 and 1598 in 98. Never understood why Yokota had E\'s, Bastard E/H\'s and H\'s. Got into it one time with an engineer who said the divider valve was inop and they needed to go to the spare...an E model with no divider valve....never did make sense...whether it was in the emergency procedures or not...common sense just never seemed to prevail.

Question. I was at Dyess back in 1974 when we started to pick up the H-models & integrate them into the E-model fleet. At that time, the FE was required to carry two -1\'s & two -1-1\'s for the two different models. Did you guys at Yokota have that problem too?

The pilots had a hard time not overtorqing the -15\'s at first. Unlike the civilian world where the FE sets the power, the pilot would push the power up & the FE would call out the torque. Many times I remember saying \"15, 17, pull \'em back.\"

Don R.

1597 & 1598 WERE ALL OVER GLOSSY GREY ACFT WITH NO MARKINGS.THERE WAS A PANEL WITH THE STARS AND BARS ON IT THAT COULD BE INSTALLED ON THE FUSELAGE JUST AFT OF THE PARATROOP DOORS WHEN GOING ON \'NORMAL\' MISSIONS. THEY WENT ON \'SAAM\' MISSIONS.I DONT KNOW WHAT THEY WERE OR WHERE THEY WENT,BUT THE CREW CHIEFS HAD TO HAVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE TO GO ON THOSE TRIPS. WE HAD TO DO \'SAAM PREPS\' ON THEM BEFORE THE MISSIONS. JUST BASICALLY A REEAALL THOROUGH BPO THAT LASTED FOR 3 DAYS!