35th Squadron Party---1968?

Mt.crewchief

• 4 weeks later...

When I was there, from 67-69, we shared the barracks with the 51st. civil engineering squadron! At least thats what i thought it was. I think most of the top floor above us maint. guys was some or all of the 35th loadmasters! I had to do 30 days \"noise free duty\" as a CQ in the barracks, and had to maintain a wake up list for the loadmasters upstairs. I had to answer the phone calls from the girls downtown to their boyfriends. Of course most of the guys no-stay anymore!!!!!

The barracks had a snack-bar run by Michiko, a little tiny local girl. There was a pool table right off the snack-bar, and in the other room going towards the 51st. was a TV room! I don\'t think it got much use as most of the guys were always downtown in Naminoue unless they were in-country with their airplanes! At least I don\'t ever remember watching any TV!!!!

Good old days huh?:ohmy:

I think there was also a barber shop over on the 51st. side!

Ken

Oh yeh, how could I forget the egg-burgers! Also, the grilled ham & cheese was good!:laugh:

Do any of you guys remember the big snails that left the slimy trails across the sidewalks and streets. They were usually moving when we walked to the flightline to work in the morning!

Also, how about the crabs that ran around over in \"easy area\"

Ken

Come on Ken, that was 45 years ago and you expect for me to remember the bar names!!! Hell I was too occupied trying to find something interesting....Jacks Steak house was on the main street with all the night clubs and most of us ended up there before we went back to base if we had time before the curfew hour. If we missed curfew...we had to scramble to find a warm mat to sleep on out of sight of the First Sgt or the APs.

Muff

Was it Jacks Steak House, or New York Steak house?

I remember eating there but not the name.

I wish I could remember the names of some of the clubs there but that was long ago and far away.

There was a bar across the road and a few doors down from the steakhouse, where one of the girls had the nickname of Gold tooth.

She had a friend that was probobly in her 30,s. Both of them were.

Does anyone remember them or the bar.

You know, I was going to mention the Turkey Farm, but thought I would keep this forum clean!!! When I first got to Naha, there was a rusted out Plymouth(probably a 1960) with \"Momma Do-rights\" Turkey Farm painted on the doors. I learned later that the Turkey Farm could be found out the back-gate. Not first hand of course!!:laugh: :laugh:

I do remember the New York Steak House and ate there a few times. I used to have a bunch of business cards the bars gave out. I will see if I can find any of them! Do you guys remember what Naminoue looked like in the daylight?

Ken

I didn\'t use the back gate very often.

One time I did, There was a Typhon and me and another left base right before condition 1 and went to a hotel.

The storm stalled and lasted longer than our money so we got a scosha cab to carry us to the back gate and we climbed the fence

and got back to the barricks. The wend was still blowing over 100 mph.

When I got back to the barricks everyone thought I had gone with the plane.

Young and stupid but full of... well you know!

I don\'t remember hearing of the Turkey Farm.

Off base there was usually a Ryukin Police with the military police.

jrkaegi wrote:

From 68-71 i was in the 21th, 41th, & 374 OMS. Looks like the same barracks i live in. Most of the time i injoy Naminoue,the misty bar. Yes i \"remember it Well.

Did you mean the \"Bar Mitzi\"? It was the place the 21st hung out in \'67-\'68 when I was there.

Sonny