FE Ticket

AMPTestFE

Would appreciate any help with this.

I know of two people in the country who can administer the FAA turbo-prop eval, the problem is that they now have to fly with you on the aircraft. Being an active duty guy, they both are not authorized on flight orders. I otherwise have no way of getting them on board one of our Hercs. Does anyone know what we\'re missing here? Is there a waiver format out there somewhere to AFI 11-401 that I can get ahold of?

Pete

Pete, I don\'t have my AFI references right in front of me but there are provisions in there to fly FAA people on our aircraft for various reasons. We just did it with one of our other aircraft so we could get an STC. Did something change on the FAA side that doesn\'t allow them to do the check in a simulator now? Thats how Rob and I did ours last summer.

There is a waiver for FAA check airmen. Also, if you can push it up through your squadron it would make thing a whole lot easier. We have a person in AWACS that will flight check our guys, he\'s not in the Air Force but he is in a sister service. It was fairly easy for us to get him permission to fly with us.

As far as my leadership goes, there\'s a big difference between FAA examiners and FAA employees. A DER is an FAA examiner, but neither one of these guys are FAA employees....in the sense that they do not receive any compensation from the FAA for their work.

Any idea where to find this waiver?

I have a question on that too.

Years ago I went out and got an FAA Turbo Jet FE License.

At the same time I took and past the Turbo Prop writtens.

Sometime after that I heard that they had done away with the different ratings, Turbojet, Turbo prop, Recip, and that there was just one FE license. Is that true?

Thanks

Bob

As far as I can tell looking at the FAA web site. there is still different ratings for turbojet and turbo props. I didnt find anything to differentiate turbo props and recips. My best guess would be, any company would be responsible for training and maintaining specific equiptment type quals.

HOWEVER..... this was just at a glance on the FAA website. I could probly find some more specific info from an examiner buddy next time I talk to him.

John

• 2 weeks later...