Link To Basic Training Pictures

donwon

Guest cobra935o

They didnt lose any pictures, they just never kept any in the first place. Now the AF historians thought it would be a good idea to try and go back and get copies of all those pictures they were missing out on from

over ther years. Too bad the contractor didnt have all the copies as well. I never got a basic photo back in the day, and now I wish I had one, but mine isnt on the site either.

I don\'t ever remember being in a squadron picture, but I know I didn\'t get one if I was. I would sure like to see it if one ever shows up.

I was in the 3774th Training Squadron and started Basic Jan 04 1967. I KNOW the date is right, but I am not positive about the Flight Number.

The rest of the pictures look like a fine bunch of gentlemen!--especially the guys that ended up in the C-130 related career fields!:lol: :lol:

Ken

I couldn\'t find mine either. Of course, trying to find my face in a group photo from 7/63 is almost impossible. I don\'t think I\'d even recoginze myself unless someone photoshopped me with gray hair and a beer belly. All those guys in fatigues look more like a prison chain gang than airmen.

Don R.

When we were in San Antonio a few weeks ago for the TCTAA Convention, we went out to Lackland to tour a C-5, then went to the basic training base and visited the museum. It\'s in the same building it was in when I was there in the summer of 1963. They have turned it into a museum for basic training and one of the things they are trying to do is collect all of the BMTS flight photos. This is probably where these came from. They are looking for accounts of basic training experiences and photographs. I\'ve got the form somewhere but don\'t remember now what I did with it.

I was at Lackland in the 3726th BMTS from July 4-August 5, 1963. I\'ve got my flight picture somewhere, or at least I think I still do. We were only there for five weeks then went to Amarillo for jet mech school. A whole bunch of us from Amarillo went to TAC and MATS bases to work on C-130 flight lines. Guys were going to Sewart, Langley and Dyess as well as McGuire but everyone who got orders the week I did went to Pope. There were so many brand new flight line mechanics at Pope that there was an overage of 5-levels. Fifteen of us cross-trained to loadmaster in August 1964 with most of going to the 779th, although a few went to the other three squadrons as well.