Air Force Reserves in Minnesota - C130

C130Hcc

The link below takes you to an article on the MN Reserves. There is also a pretty good video on the right side once you get through the advertising...........

It brings in nearly 60 million dollars into the local economy, employs more than 1300 people and that\'s just the beginning.

You can find the Air Force Reservists stationed at Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport, and these days reserve is an understatement.

\"It is a little bit slower than most of the other airplanes,\" said Captain Chris Rieland about the C-130 airplane he pilots.

Read the rest of the story at - http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=531233

I just watched the video. I guess I\'ve been out of the military for waaaay too long. Bose headsets? What ever happened to those cheap gray headsets that we used to wear? Then, when I flew commercial Hercs, I thought the David Clark headset was state of the art. I probably couldn\'t even give mine away now!

Don R.

They neglect to mention that the MN ANG 133rd AW \"Gophers\" has 8 more C-130 H3s right next door to the 934th AW \"Vikings\", and I believe the two units now share a joint command post.

The Bose headsets are lighter and more comfortable than the David Clarks, and the ENC is great. I prefer David Clarks for airdrops as their earcups are sealed which reduces drumming with the ramp & door open. Now if somebody could only come up with a decent \"lip light\" for the Bose...