Aux Urinal/Portable Urinals/Relief Station

Metalbasher

Help, I\'m trying to locate some information regarding the portable urinal stations that are self-contained that would be uploaded to the acft when doing personnel drops or large number of pax for long flights. These were used so that all the pax would not have to wait to use the on acft aft urinals. If I remember correctly, they really weren\'t more than a urinal with a large splash shield and line going into a holding tank. The assembly could be strapped to the floor and then off loaded upon arrival to be dumped. It was more or less a go between when you had more pax than could use the on acft urinals but not really enough to warrant a comfort pallet. I believe it was made of plastic too.

Looking for NSN, part number or manufacturer. Not sure if it is referenced in a TO or not, I do have access to the TOs, just not sure where to start looking.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Scott

I\'m not sure about part numbers or anything, but I remember a few years ago they loaded a pallet with sort of a fancy port-a-jon attached. It was pretty nice until we were about half way to Germany and we saw the blue juice flowing down the cargo bay floor.:blink: There was a small hole in the holding tank. That was the last time I saw the portable jon.

- Larry

I remember the one you used to strap to the sidewall on 141\'s, but I only ever saw the port a lav that was bolted to a platform on a 130. Always had it on the European Eagle mission..Mildenhall-Ramstein-Zaragoza-Torrejon. 64 pax and bags, plus whatever cargo you could strap in!

No I\'m not thinking of the comfort pallets that we all know of. I was able to get some more information but it doesn\'t really help. I did run across some folks that know exactly what I\'m talking about and as it turns out...it was something that was most likely fabricated at MAC/AMC\'s Queen Bee Plastic Shop (@ McGuire AFB).

This was something that was small and portable, yet could be secured to the ramp or floor...made from fiberglass. The comfort pallet took up too much room for personnel drop, so this little item came up...would provide a means of relief for pax/troops without creating a line and would still accomadate a full compliment of jumpers. As I mentioned...most likely homemade with drawings...tracking them down is a different story...will check with SPOs office.

Scott